I’m not getting Anica jack shit, though, save for a piece of paper with ‘Remove ţuică.’ written on it.
And delivered on Catholic Christmas.
Good thing I celebrate with the Catholics, then isn’t i—
That’s just inspired. Very. Kindling. Highly original; how on Earth am I to match it! I’ll just have to ask a brick wall—it would give me more inspiration than your dull, washed-out self ever could.
Galatz Rollers will spell out my thanks over your car. : )a
Danish choreographer Johan Kobborg will run the National Romanian Ballet from February 2014 after recently signing with the ballet La Sylphide in Bucharest.
A new department of the Bucharest National Opera, the ballet is part of a wider reorganization plan for the Romanian Opera.
Kobborg, who is also the fiancee of famous Romanian ballerina Alina Cojocaru, said he is wiling to move to Romania in January 2014, after having visited Romania around nine times so far. Kobborg and Cojocaru worked together for the ballet La Sylphide”, which premiered in Bucharest on December 7. Cojocaru danced alongside Steven McRae, first dancer of the London Ballet.
Kobborg, former first dancer of the Royal Danish Ballet and of the London Royal Ballet, has also been working as a choreographer in recent years. He left the London Royal Ballet this year to become a choreographer, but will continue as a freelance ballet dancer.
Kobborg, 41, and Cojocaru, 32, have been together for several years and got engaged in 2011. They both left the London Royal Ballet earlier in 2013.
More than 1,000 students have dressed as elves in Iasi, eastern Romania, in order to beat a world record.
A total of 1,073 people turned up at the city’s Palas shopping center to break the record “largest gathering of Santa’s elves”. The youngest participant was David, an only four-month old baby, wearing an elf costume.
The previous record was staged in Ammanford Town Centre in the UK, where 762 elves gathered on November 17, 2012.
A group of 50 Greenpeace activists from 10 countries were arrested in Bucharest on Monday (December 9), after entering the yard of Romania’s People Palace where they started digging as part of an anti-gold mining campaign.
The 50 people, which included Canadians, Americans, Austrians, Hungarians, Poles, Germans, Czechs, Croatians and Romanians, started a so called ‘ gold mining area’ in the yard of the second largest building in the world, which hosts the Romanian Parliament. Among those arrested was also a journalist.
“In the last couple of months, the Government issues special laws allowing any private company, not just Roșia Montană Gold Corporation, to exploit any kind of resource, wherever it is. It just needs the label ‘national interest project’ and ‘public interest project’ and it is enough,” said Alexandru Riza, who coordinates Greenpeace Romania’s campaigns.[…]
Greepeace’s demonstration is the latest in a series of anti-mining protests sparked by plans by Canadian – owned Roșia Montană Gold Corporation to open a gold mine in the Transylvanian village of Rosia Montana, using cyanide in the gold extraction process.
An entire village, four mountains, churches and graveyards, as well as the historic center and the ruins of the Alburnus Maior citadel and Roman vestiges would all be destroyed by the cyanide pond in 15 to 17 years, according to Greenpeace. Cyanide mining was banned in the Czech Republic, Hungary and Germany, the organization said.
Canadian mining company Gabriel Resources has been trying to get approval for 14 years to extract 314 tonnes of gold and 1,500 tonnes of silver from Rosia Montana over a period of 16 years using cyanide.
The operation would be run through its local arm, Rosia Montana Gold Corporation (RMGC), which is 81 percent owned by Gabriel and 19 percent by the Romanian State, whose stake would increase to about 25 percent if the project became functional.
The Romanian Government approved the project earlier this year, but the Parliament is yet to decide on the matter. Meanwhile, thousands have taken the streets of Bucharest protesting against the gold mining project.
Protests against Chevron’s activity in Silistea – Pungesti, northeastern Romanian, area escalated on Saturday, December 6, triggering the American oil and gas company to suspend its activity on site.
Protesters destroyed the fence Chevron had built around the 20,000 – sqm land plot at the village outskirts. One day later, however, Chevron re-started their activity on site.
Protests were staged downtown in capital city Bucharest as well, with a peak registered on Sunday evening (December 7), when three protesters were taken into custody by the gendarmes.
The group of protesters in Pungesti, some 400 people, were a mix of locals and ecology activists from Iaşi, Bucureşti, Braşov and Sibiu. They initially protested peacefully, but the protest became violent as some of them began throwing stones into Chevron’s vehicles, and tearing down the fence surrounding the exploration site. Footage from the Pungesti protests, here.
Meanwhile, Chevron has again stated that all exploration activities will use conventional technologies based on the permits it received in the beginning of October. “We respect people’s right to express their opinion, but we believe this should be done within the limits of the law,” Chevron wrote in an official statement. The company had started its activity on site in Silistea – Pungesti on December 2, after a first delay earlier in October, also because of local protests.